Bally Software Review
Bally Technologies founded in the first half of the 20th century. Over its more than 80-year history, it has become one of the oldest and most respected gaming machine companies for both land-based casinos and software for virtual gambling establishments.
Bally headquartered in the United States, Nevada, in the global gambling capital of Las Vegas. Also, there are at least 25 representative offices throughout the world. Today, Bally Technologies has one of the largest staff, which has more than four thousand people.
Bally Technologies, over its many years of history, has become a partner for a large number of different operators of gambling establishments, both gambling online and offline. Besides, the company only in the past few years has already received prestigious awards and prizes in the tens. Undoubtedly, this once again confirms the excellent quality of the work of Bally and its products.
History of Bally Technologies
The founder of the company was Raymond Moloni, he created his empire during the Great Depression in the United States, in January 1932, in Chicago. Note that initially, the company was called Lion Manufacturing and was exclusively engaged in the development of pinball machines, as a rule, the most primitive ones. Only after four years, Moloni’s company began to manufacture the first mechanical-type gaming machines. Considering that this happened back in 1936, we can say with confidence that Bally Technologies has become the progenitor of modern gaming machines, becoming almost the first manufacturer of such products.
- In 1963, six years after the death of the founder of the company, marketing manager William T. O’DO’Donnellok a significant risk and sold the company to a group of investors. At the same time, the mass production of mechanical gaming machines begins in the wake of their legalization. Also, in those days, the US government actively encouraged the opening of casinos in Nevada. The very first mechanical slot with an electronic counting system was a revolutionary breakthrough; it was the Money Honey slot. There was the first slot that opened the door to the future of the gaming business.
- Already by the mid-1960s, the company was developing a unique gaming data accounting system called Slot Data System (SDS). Thanks to this system, it was possible to eliminate cheating on the part of the players, because the slot machines were still primitive and did not differ in reliability. In the wake of this success, the company is becoming the world leader in the field of gaming machines.
- Another name (Bally Manufacturing), began to be used in March 1968. Actively developing, the company grows and takes over other enterprises, for example, Midway Manufacturing, Lens-Smith.
- In 1974, after purchasing a controlling stake in American Amusements, he became the owner of an extensive network of gaming halls in supermarkets.
- The 70s saw a real boom for Bally Technologies. Over 9.5 million transferred into securities. The first Park Place opens, Richard Gillman becomes their chairman, and Robert Mullan becomes the new CEO of Bally in 1979.
- Moreover, in the early 90s, the company’s management focused not only on the gambling business, but also on a completely different sphere, namely, health centers (today there are about 300 fitness centers).
- In 1994, Alliance Gaming Corporation bought out Bally, and in 2006 received a new name, which is still valid today: Bally Technologies, Inc.
- Today, the organization is far from being an enterprise for the production of pinball machines; it is a massive corporation with several subsidiaries that work in various areas of gambling entertainment. In 2014, Bally Technologies acquired by Scientific Games and became its subsidiary.
Area of activity of Bally Technologies
Of course, for such a long history, the company has been developing and producing a massive number of different games and slot machines. As a result, the portfolio now contains a large number of various gambling entertainments for online gaming, slot machines for land-based casinos and other equipment, lottery software, own jackpot accumulation systems, and much more.
Early on, the company had its gambling establishments, but after some time, they were all sold, and Bally began to be engaged mainly in the production and maintenance of gaming equipment. By the way, Bally Technologies became one of the very first companies in the field of online gaming, whose shares listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
To date, the list of partners of the company contains more than seven hundred different institutions and operators that provide services in the field of gambling. Among the partners are various casinos, bingo halls, organizers of lottery drawings, and other institutions.
More information about Bally Technologies can obtain on the official website. The portal contains the most detailed information about the company; besides, the site can be played for free on slot machines from Bally. In fact, in modern conditions, this company cannot be called very popular and famous in the field of online gambling, it gained great popularity in the field of land-based casinos. Still, the online casino market also remains a priority for management. Perhaps soon, we will see many more video slots and other games from Bally in various gambling establishments on the Internet.